Carol asked for a list of restaurants on the water side of Grand Case with a view of the water, so this morning, while they were jack hammering concrete in the building next door I did a short walk from the bottom of Grand Case near Rainbow to the Salt Mill by the bridge. Sorry to report not much in the way of dining on the water with a view. You have Rainbow, the boutique hotel with a small dining area on the water Le Temps de Cerises, a few doors up from Rainbow at 160, then you have to go all the way up near the Lolos to find Barranco - which seems pretty upscale. While the shutters were close, it appears that they have a balcony right over the water that is quite large, and I saw tables set there the other day, so I assume the water view portion is open. A few doors further up, near Max's place, ther is a small place called Nice SXM. They definitely have a balcony on the water. From the looks of the raw broken concrete on the walls and ceilings I would think it would be several months before it was open - on the other hand, I saw a chalkboard menu on the balcony, and there were chairs and tables arranged as if they were open. It has one trip advisor review from this month mentioning the view, so I guess it is open.

As to Oceans 82, my wife had thought no work was being done there, and I went by to look, and took a few photos and I would have agreed. Except that I did hear some noises deep within the building, and a few minutes later a man approached as I was taking photos and we talked for a bit. He said he was in charge of the demolition portion of the rebuilding. When I asked how long, he said it would be done in 3 months. I teased him and said I thought that was pretty optimistic, and he agreed, it might take longer.

I will see If I can find a way to upload a few photos and add them to this post.