Originally Posted by agrimsrud
Originally Posted by Breeze
If your boat is US owned and registered, and all aboard are US citizens, why would you not check back in to USVI via ROAM ? Probably the absolute best reason for a smartphone on vacation.

No stop in Cruz for C&I leaves time for a last swim at Christmas Cove and still refuel.

Oh ye of little faith.

Ahh! I'd like to have the faith for sure. Just not sure I have full faith in ROAM working that day and thus I have a 1+ hour detour to C&I. I also suspect you are on a cat. You'll be a good percent faster downwind that I will be on my mono. I will give this a try on some trip when I have the flight time out of STT of > 4 pm. And after I have seen ROAM work more than once in a row. I assume you are in NS on the 24 hour leeway after checking ouf of BVI (or you were able to check in/out at the same time) so you don't have that task to do that morning, right?

Ahh! Anders concerns about the ROAM app. is well founded. We chartered his GREAT "Dream Machine" in January. Transmitted the ROAM @ Johnson Reef and still had "Processing" @ Current Cut. Turned around and caught a ball @ Lind Pt. and never got accepted till standing at C&I when the nice lady pushed the right button.