I just returned home from a week at N-resort and thought I would post my impressions.

First off, the resort buildings remind me of many Up North Wisconsin resorts. The rooms are all finished in knotty pine and have massive beams. Like most resorts we see in Up North Wisconsin, the resort is showing some age (I do not think this is necessarily bad). I spoke to other guests from Michigan and Canada, and we all had the same impression. The guests from Michigan thought it looked like Up North Michigan, the guests from Canada thought it looked like every fishing resort in Canada.

Being this is an older resort, the plantings around the resort have had a chance to mature. This means the grounds are lush. They have many types of tropical plants around the resort. The gardener is very proud of his work (and should be), and will be happy to show you around and talk about it. I won't go into detail, but if you go, be sure to look around and talk to the gardener.

They have a nice beach. You would never confuse it with Orient Beach, but it is head and shoulders above the beach at Hidden Beach. It was a white sand beach, with a gentle slope into the water. There are a few rocks, but nothing that can't be avoided. Nobody needed water shoes to go into the ocean. The water was calm in the morning, and I was able to use one of the available kayaks then, but by early afternoon, the water was too rough for that. There was never a problem swimming in the surf. The resort had workers on the beach all day, raking up the seaweed.

The pool is large enough that early in the day, people could swim laps (not me, that's too much like work). They have a large slide, which is a blast. A common activity is a slide compition to see who can slide down the fastest. The fastest time I saw was 5.5 seconds, my best was 6.02 seconds. There was daily volley ball played in the pool.

I think the food was great. I tried to stick to local foods, so I ate a lot of seafood, jerked meats, and fresh fruits and vegetables. I ate in the Italian resturant one evening and had a seafood pasta, which was very good. Most evenings I ate in the main dining room. On Jamaica night we ate Curried Goat, Braised Oxtail and breaded Conch, it was delightful. They have a different menu for each night in the main dining room. If you go, be sure to try the Blackened Snapper the night it is offered, it was superb. The liquor was good and plentiful.

The people working at the resort are all friendly and helpful. They want their guests to be treated just as good as anyone staying at the large resorts. We rode a large bus from the airport. N-Resort is the first stop the bus makes. Because they have a small driveway, the bus driver wanted to drop us off on the street outside of the resort. The gate keeper told the bus driver in no uncertain terms that he had to drive in, we were not to be treated as second class just because this is a small older place. We were properly delivered to the front door and greeted with beer and rum punch, the same as other all inclusive naturist resorts we have been to. We got our keys, and then had to wait for someone to take our bags, they would not allow us to carry them because we the guests.

I am sure that I have missed something, but that is all I can think of now.

All told, it was a delightful time, and we will go back.