o2bnsxm said:
What type of Security does N-Resort provide to allow walking on a two mile beach area? It seems this would be a very vulnerable situation for someone to "lie in wait" for a victim.

We walked that section of beach twice during our visit, and security was on my mind but we never felt "exposed". About halfway down the beach there is a Royal Caribbean owned beach that is used for their cruisers, and although there were no cruisers on the beach there was a couple of security guards that didn't care at all that we strolled by nude. I kept an eye on them and noticed they didn't even look twice as we walked by. I must admit I wondered how I would do if I have to defend me or my wife in the buff, but nothing even remotely made me get past the wonder phase.

To answer your question, N doesn't provide any security beyond their property line. Most of the walk is on a not very picturesque beach, and I'm assuming that even the dumbest criminals would figure out you don't have any cash on you... We did walk by a couple of Jamaicans that were walking the other direction up on a trail off the beach, they seemed completely unfazed.

The key is to go at low tide, which may or may not be an ideal time during your visit. At high tide, some of the walk will be through, over and around brush and debris.