I asked our driver on the way to the airport to fly home if there was a problem with crime in the area of N. He replied that most of the crime problem was in other parts of the island, mainly Kingston. One thing he told us that I really liked was that relatively recently the police have taken a strong stand against gang leaders. If they can determine who the leader of a criminal gang is, they will just assassinate him and as many lieutenants as they can. He said that gang problems have dropped considerably, as nobody wants to be the leader and be the one hunted. Also, he said that Jamaica has a 10 most wanted list, but usually as soon as a criminal is named to the 10 most wanted he will immediately give himself up to the authorities. Being one of the 10 most wanted most assuredly means you will be hunted and terminated but by police and military.

Now I know all about due process and blah blah blah, but if you're going to run in those circles and they can tie you to crimes against the people, then you get what you pay for.