Oh yes we have a whole contingent of both Amish and Mennonite folks. They make great furniture and their home cooking restaurants are always busy and yummy. The pies that Mrs. Yoder makes and sells at Yoder's restaurant is to die for! If you ever watched the shows on cable TV like return to Amish or something like that, they actually filmed here in Sarasota which they call the Las Vegas for Amish people! It's far from Vegas. One year during spring break that franchise "Girls Gone Wild" was here on Siesta Key and other locales. I ran into one of the crews while working and started talking to the crew. I asked them what they thought of Sarasota and they said they'd have to change those videos from Girls Gone Wild to "Grannies Be Mild".

In reality though I was born in Queens NY, and grew up in LonG Island (Hard G, lol) until I transferred to New Hampshire when I was 28. Lived there for 8 years and realized I went the wrong direction and at 36 (25 years ago) moved to Sarasota, FL.

Yes there are some beaches in Florida that allow clothing optional but they are all on the east coast which is a 3-4 hour drive. Looks like there's a posting in the nude forum where one of the Florida beaches is under attack by the commissioners to remove the C/O designation. Too many people with Victorian ideals. Prior to my older sister moving in with us we would sit on our lanai (patio) and use the pool au naturel every opportunity we could, but lt year was the first in public.

[Linked Image]