Interesting points, Deputydog! But, I think your opinions have been clearly shaped by all the Amish people you have met there in Sarasota! Just joking, though I did see an Amish family of ten on Siesta Key once taking in the beach! That was really interesting.

In all seriousness, it is a shame that our culture in the states doesn't match that of Europe or St. Martin. But, there are many places in the states and Canada where you can go for this. Just not enough of them. For the folks from Canada I'm curious how many have ever visited Hanlan Beach on Centre Island off Toronto? And, those from Florida actually have multiple choices. Haulover Beach and South Beach are almost legendary, but did you know there's a clothing-optional beach on Hutchinson Island near Port St. Lucie? I actually have a whole bunch of cousins who live in the Ft. Pierce/Vero Beach/Pt. St. Lucie area who at first were concerned about this, but now it's something they are proud of! And, for Allison you indicated you are a north Jersey girl. For your family there is Sandy Hook Beach on the north Jersey shore. But, although there are options closer to us nothing really compares to St. Martin and Orient Beach.

In addition, for us St. Martin is far more than going without clothes. It's also the people, the cultures, the year round perfect weather, and maybe the most important thing of all ... the restaurants!