Originally Posted by agrimsrud
For the most part I don't see an issue with BB. Seems like they're just capitalists. The argument in large part on this board is somehow they are providing a service we don't want. When is that a criteria for anything? Remember pet rocks? No one needed that item and they sold them in truck loads. Your choice is to buy or not buy the product. Take your money somewhere else. Use the pointy thing up front and anchor your boat somewhere else. I just don't understand the passion here. However......

I do have a question for the admins. Alec appears to be on the Boatyball payroll and he is clearly promoting his product on this forum. My understanding of the forum rules are that you need to be a sponsor to do that. Perhaps you could clarify what you are allowed to post as a member vs. a sponsor? I'm sure there are many on this forum who would like the opportunity to promote product without paying for sponsorship.

thanks!

I think the passion against it here comes from the fact it is taking away FCFS mooring balls. And it seems in many cases, taking the better balls.

My thoughts all along have really been a reservation system doesn't really work or prevent the hassle of getting somewhere and not finding a ball unless every single ball is part of the system.

Matt