Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
So far, I haven't seen Alec posting a new post, but responding to posts by others. Certainly, if someone else posts a thread about YOUR business, you should be able to respond to defend yourself or explain yourself, no? All the 'advertising' for BB here seems to come from members who bring it up in every other thread..

Good answer!

ok... so here is my suggestion. Everyone on this forum should stop referencing BoatyBall. Instead it should be "the service we will not mention by name" or maybe "the company who's name shall not be mentioned". Or whatever you want to use. That way all these posts are not advertisements for BB. Let me show you how it's done with my second suggestion.

Second suggestion. What I have heard pretty clearly is that getting up and fighting in virtual space for a ball from the company who's name we shall not mention really bothers people. Fighting over a mooring ball in person in the mooring field in the afternoon is however acceptable (sarcasm intended). The way to get around this issue is actually pretty straight forward (and more sarcasm coming) and just involves funding a go-fund-me project that I will surely put in place to create a web site that your can register yourself where you can choose the date and the mooring balls you might want to reserve - give it a whole list in order that you prefer. The site would then fire up a bot at 7:00:00 and attempt to make a reservation for you following the list that you have set up. It will then e-mail you the outcome so when you get out of your bunk at ten or so you can check your e-mail inbox. Surely this service is worth 5 bucks since it will eliminate the need to fight with the other boaters at the ungodly hour of 0700 and it doesn't depend on having a fast internet connection that morning. So fix the problem of the company who's name we can't mention with another web service that we can all hate on. Perfect or what?

Life's short - sail more!