Originally Posted by CottageGirl
Thanks for the input. Have travelled quite a bit and am familiar with connection times for most major US hubs. I was specifically asking about SJU post Irma. We’ll be flying Delta - most likely with an overnight in ATL as getting from N Michigan to the Caribbean in one day is next to impossible. Would love to figure out how to avoid checked bags but with a sailing charter we end up with too much stuff - snorkel equipment, tervis tumblers, guide books, clothes pins, sunscreen, etc.

Jason - we heard earlier this year that delta bought seaborne but I can’t seem to search those codeshare flights online. Do you call delta direct for flight info?

We too like the petit pump room! We flew VI Airlink to Anegada earlier this year and it was wonderful! Had time before our flight out of STT back home and took a taxi to the pump room for a fish sandwich and final painkiller.

When landing at EIS I’m assuming you clear customs at the airport?

As mentioned, Delta did not buy Seaborne but has a code share arrangement. It is definitely cheaper to buy the tickets separately but Delta will not be obligated to help you get to Tortola or back home in the event of a flight delay. I am a Diamond million miler with Delta so they treat me very well and I've never had an issue getting rebooked if I miss one of my Delta segments.

I also overnight in ATL when I'm coming from Seattle. There are 3 hotels referred to as Gateway hotels that I highly recommend because they are connected to the airport via a train that runs every few minutes and only takes about 5 minutes. There is a Marriott, a Renaissance, and a Spring Hill Suite.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com