I've been a semi-regular on Orient Beach more time than I can count and I've never seen inappropriate behavior such as this. In fact, I can't help but question the motives of the Trip Advisor writer who posted this recently. I'm not saying this did not happen, but I'm also under the impression this may have been embellished this to some degree.

First, Orient Beach is not some isolated stretch of beach somewhere (like Happy Bay, for example). There are people everywhere with and without swimsuits on. There are more than enough men around so that if some jerk was acting in an inappropriate manner it would be taken care of promptly, with or without assistance from the gendarmes.

Second, Cedrick and his staff are always around as well getting people beach chairs, drinks, etc. He's not the police but he does keep an eye on things. And, if something ever did escalate to the point of a confrontation gendarmes are typically close by and can be summoned if needed.

It goes without saying that when you have a beach populated by naked individuals many men (and some women) are going to stare. They wouldn't be human if they didn't. But, I have never seen anything ever go beyond that point. Some folks are new to nude beach experience and at first this can be frightening and unsettling for them. But, like most of us they eventually settle in, enjoy themselves, and stop worrying about who's looking and where. That would be my best advice. Hope it helps!