I guess I'll take this opportunity to stop lurking and join the forum to post our experience from our trip in late July.

We spent a week on Club O Beach, which was perfect until the Saturday we were there. I was observing who I assumed to be a local gentleman wearing some sort of bandana or head covering with a thin gray yoga style towel that was sitting in an old orange lounger on the far end of the beach closer to Papagayo. Throughout the day, he would get up, weave his way through the chairs staring at the women on his way to the bar to get a single beer.

Eventually, this gentleman moved and occupied a chair directly behind a family with 2 minor girls. The beach boys seemed to be friendly to him and didn't charge him for the chair and he continued to be served at the bar. It also seemed he was friendly with some of the guests at the beach as he sat and talked to a few ladies a little further down and said hi to some of the volleyball players.

When he came back to his chair, he started to masturbate directly behind this family until the parents had enough. The dad confronted him and the mom had the massage lady call the Gendarmes. The 2 parents and 1-2 other beachgoers successfully engaged this perv in argument until the Gendarmes came and hauled the guy off. The family had to go to Marigot to file a report or else nothing would be done.

Cedrick was absent from the beach this entire week until he was called and showed up a little while after the Gendarmes. Cedrick said this guy was a problem and they had called the Gendarmes before on the perv only for him to escape into the ruins of the resort.

My biggest concern, that I wished I had expressed to Cedrick at the time, was that if he is a known perv, why were the beach boys letting him sit in a chair without paying and why was he being served at the bar.

It sounds like the perv population that was at Happy Bay, Cupecoy, etc. have now gravitated to Club O due the lack of security and abundance of escape routes and hiding places. After seeing this guy be friendly with the beach boys and bartenders, I think the only person that anybody can trust is Cedrick. If there's a problem, have the massage lady call the Gendarmes.

If what happened to the TripAdvisor poster happened to my wife and I, that would be the last time I ever got her to go to a nude beach. And people wonder why the average age of naturists keeps going up.

Last edited by FreqFlyer; 09/17/2019 01:07 PM.