You're welcome, Nouth. About a year or two ago someone on Trip Advisor wrote a review about the Temptations Resort in Cancun, Mexico. It claimed one of the hotel staff attacked a female guest in her room while her husband was out of room getting drinks (or something like that). She claimed she was assaulted, and was going to be raped but this turned out to be complete hoax aimed at discrediting this resort. A full investigation by local police along with a thorough review of security cameras never turned up a shred of evidence that this actually happened. My wife and I visited that beautiful resort this past May and out of curiosity I brought this up with some of the senior hotel staff who vehemently denied any attack such as that one ever occurred. Whether something happened at Temptations it is not for me to say, but this one detailed post on Trip Advisor raised many concerns and created a slew of online discussions that raised safety questions about this resort. But, there was never any proof of this incident and now it has faded in the past.

What is learned from this is that a hundred positive reviews about a place can be overshadowed quickly when one such negative review arises, and those reading it accept it for the truth. Trust the majority of the people who post on this forum regarding St. Martin (especially 'BillandElaine') and I'm quite sure your future ventures to SXM will be very enjoyable.