Someone stalking a lady in the water is a completely different experience from what I have ever read.

In the 90's my ex and I had a bush whacker watching us on Rouge...the most disturbing part was she was fully clothed in a one piece and i was fully naked.

We recently told friends about our upcoming trip to SXM and she reminded me that they went 2-3 x in the 90's but stopped after one bush boy incident. They have always been a two trips to the Carribean a year couple but since the 90's they never went back to SxM. Add up those lost tourist $$$$.

We went to Negril once for our honeymoon. The fully clothed beach hucksters JUST / WOULD / NOT / LEAVE / US / ALONE in that 30 yard stretch of sand between our resort chairs and the water's edge. As long as we were in our beach chairs at Negril Gardens the scurity guys kept the hucksters away but step into that no man's land and you were fair game.

By the 5th day I was fed up with the "heh mon, you wanna go parasailing, heh mon you wanna buy ganja, heh mon you wanna go snorkling. HEH MON YOU WANNA LEAVE ME THE F*&CK ALONE ON MY VACATION!! We swore that we would never return to Jamaica. So far 15 years later we have stuck to that pledge.

I know that we might run into these guys more in SXM, escpecially if we visit rouge, Plum etc than we would in a place like Barbados, Cuba or the BVIs but I am hoping that it is not a big deal.