I have always loved the Mahi Sandwiches at the Beach Bar. It is right on the water and lots of shade trees on the beach. Can be a nice place to hang. It is under new management so not sure if the menu is the same.

The Banana Tree is also serves a great lunch downtown. It is behind the Beach Bar upstairs overlooking the harbor. Here again a nice place to hang and just take it all in.

There are lots of places downtown, but these two are in the heart of downtown area. Near the dinghy dock if you are coming over from Caneel or Honeymoon.

As for meeting your guest, if the ferry between RH and Cruz Bay has issues also, motoring over makes sense, but what I was suggesting is let one person be greeter and the rest can play in STJ for the half the day. It also saves any newbies a lot of stress on what now if there is a smiling face at the airport that understands the cab routine.

Enjoy your vacation and say hello to the turtles in Leinster Bay, and I hope there is a Starfish Party going on for the kids. It is so amazing to see that many starfish in one place.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés