Warren, I'll chime in with one last post & reply to your previous post to me, we're not all the same my friend, some of us have different demands and lifestyles, -we don't enjoy getting to our destination before or by lunchtime, and re the snorkelling & happy hour we don't miss out on that; BB let's you stay till 12 noon, before then we get up at our leisure, sort ourselves out & then go for a nice long morning swim/ snorkel/ walk; then we have a nice brunch aboard & depart somewhere close to noon; we like to sail so we'll go for a 3-5 hour sail;
'beer o'clock' happens when we're moored/ anchored up & cocktail o'clock is around 6 sometime before dinner; so we do everything you like to do, just in a different order.

in our (the Mrs & I) opinion BB's are a blessing, I do hear what you say and I get it but there's what? 75 BoatyBalls out there in the whole area? & how many boats? 500+? so I really don't think it's worth getting in a big fuss over.

and one last thing, we're Brits & sail a lot in the Med too, we'd kill for mooring balls of any sort there, there's a massive shortage of marina berthing so when it's busy the free swinging on anchor is chaos to say the least, if you're still reading this BB could you pop over to Greece & Croatia & talk to the folks there please?

we're all sailors Warren, we love the sea, I wish you peace and happy sailing.