Boatyball IMHO does not make things easier in the BVIs. Hard to see a system where you have higher than an 86% failure rate of reserving a ball (15/109 at Cooper per BB), making things easier. I cant speak to any other area outside the US. We do have docking reservation ability in the states that I use but you can log on at any point and reserve (or not if they don't have capacity) in the future. I use parking and driving reservations systems in DC and spend thousands of dollars per year for these. I am totally comfortable after spending money to charter a plane and a boat a few extra dollars for convenience but BB simply doesn't provide it to me personally. The systems I mention above (Dockwa, snagaslip, parkmobile, EZPass) are all simply money collection systems and don't require me to reserve at 1 time each day competing for a 14% chance of success. Further, any business that sets its clients up for an 86% chance of failure is going to have some unhappy people especially when there are credibility issues surrounding the system itself.

The BVI businesses need a money collection system...leaving the balls as FCFS and setting boatyball to collect would have accomplished that.

For now simply avoiding Cooper and Great Harbour in the high season avoids most issues as the ratio of BB to FCFS moorings is too high.

The answer is not necessarily waiting until other moorings open as I am quite sure BB, like any business, wants (and needs) to expand. The main issue is the ratio of BB to FCFS at any particular harbor.

I do commend BB for starting a counter marketing campaign here and with local businesses to counteract and deflect these issues and getting new people involved on their behalf on TTOL but it is another buzz kill to see the grenades (personal attacks & broadbrushing people with the opposing opinion) being tossed by both sides on what is otherwise a great board.

All IMHO