Back home for a week now and have some time to reflect

Only had one really good shower then entire 12 days we were there - most of the rest were with bottles of water we'd saved from whenever the water came one - flushing toilets became quite an issue - there is NO way I would've gone swimming in the pool everyone was dipping water buckets from... just ewww...

What I've realized after coming home was that the most frustrating things were the lack of information and the lack on consistency - we'd be told water from 8 to 10 - but not have any at all most mornings - evenings somewhat more consistent -

I left a couple of the facebook SXM groups over being called whiny and told to go with the flow, etc.. we packed for being able to wash our clothing - we planned for being able to cook in our apartment - it did have an impact on our vacation - didn't ruin it - and we will have stories to tell - but there was some extra stress, to be certain

ftr... a pool does not double as a shower - freshwater means chlorinated which is worse for skin than saltwater - an ocean does not double as a shower - and no one should ever use most of our shampoos/soaps in the oceans as they are harmful to reefs (baby shampoo is an exception)

also ftr... grateful that this group is well moderated - cannot believe that mods allowed the name calling and belittling that was allowed on facebook - all I wanted was information and a place to express frustration - oh well - live and learn