Cruise line policies offer standard travel coverage and in addition to cancellation for covered reason, will cover lost/delayed baggage, trip delay/interruption, supplemental medical and emergency evacuation. The primary subtle differences with the cruise line's policy and the policy we carry through Travel Guard is the policy limits for those coverages above.

I always, always stress the need to my clients for travel protection. When asked my opinion I usually respond if I were to have a crystal ball, I would not need either homeowner's protection or auto coverage. If my client choses to decline coverage I respect their decision but request they provide the waiver in writing (email) to me. Memories can wane with time.

While the coverage may not be used, typically if there is a serious issue, all prior premiums are often recovered with one incident. I have too often seen stretchers taking passengers to waiting ambulances on the pier. From heart attacks or severly broken bones. I had a client on a river cruise out of Paris who while waiting for the River Seine boat trip fell and broke her ankle. She was taken to a local hospital to be stabilized and the carrier even upgraded their return fligh to business class so her leg could be elevasted during the long fligh home. Our policy offers a concierge for contact while travelinbg to assist with particulars in the event of an injury/illness.

Best Regards,
Bonnie Buchanan,
Master Cruise Counselor
CruiseOne Tucson Arizona
www.cruiseone.com/bbuchanan