Hello everyone. I see there are a lot of questions about Mak Nuk Village. As an owner and board member, hopefully I can help. Mak Nuk is a project that was envisioned to be a high quality, clothing optional, condo hotel since it's inception about six plus years ago. It's been a long time coming but we're almost there. While we have been renting condos over the last 10 months or so, the property has still been under construction, mainly interior finish work. Individual condos were not completed until they were sold. 20 of the 21 condos have been sold with a buyer for the final unit pending. With the completion of property sales and finish work, I think you will see definite shift in focus. We, the board of trustees for the homeowners association, have been given the task of overseeing this transition from development to high end hotel. The majority, if not all, of the owners are practicing nudists and therefore have an intimate knowledge of what the naturist community wants to see in their clothing optional destination accommodations. Let me now try to answer some specific questions.

Mak Nuk Village is a few blocks from highway 307 which is the main drag through Tulum. This gives many options for those who want to dine at one of the many restaurants in town. The restaurants in town are inexpensive and very good. The beaches, with many more restaurants, are about a mile away and will be only a couple minutes drive when the road that Mak Nuk is on is completed. However, it's Mexico, so we don't know when that will be completed. In the meantime, we access the beach road by driving through town and down the main road that goes to the beaches. This takes about 10 minutes. We have a shuttle service that goes to our private beach club every two hours during the day. This shuttle will drop guests off at restaurants in town or the supermarket and will pick them up on the return trip from the beach club. It does take more time to get to our beach club because our property is inside the Sian Ka'an Biosphere. I personally began visiting this location over four years ago so it was always hoped that we would secure this property as our beach club. We signed a lease with option to purchase just a few weeks ago. You can see pictures on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/maknukvillage.

By having our beach club in the Sian Ka'an, you can be assured of privacy. The Sian Ka'an is ~1.3 million acres of protected land. There is a fee to enter the biosphere even for Mak Nuk guests and residents but it is included in the shuttle fee. While we currently do not have food or drink at the club, we anticipate this in the near future. We have started the process of rebuilding the structures at the beach club site that were damage by a hurricane some years back. Since the property is on protected land, we are restricted as to what we can build. For instance, we are not allowed to build anything new; we can only refurbish the current structures. We are starting with the restrooms and hope to have them rebuilt soon. Getting the proper permits can be slow. Once again, we are in Mexico and things don't always happen at the speed we would like but rest assured we have grand plans for our piece of heaven.

Another question was about the size of the beach club. Our location may only be about 30 meters wide but the beach goes on for miles and you would be hard pressed to see anyone along the beach. Again, this is a protected area and it sees few visitors. The last time I was there, I stayed for several hours and never saw another soul other than those in my party. Access to the beach club is by the beach road within about 1/2 mile after passing the stone arch entry of the Sian Ka'an. You can also walk the beach and will arrive at Playa Mak Nuk within about 10 minutes after entering the Sian Ka'an. For now it will be open only to Mak Nuk Village guests but we are exploring our options and may offer day passes in the future. Playa Mak Nuk is a special place and we are very excited about it's future.

As for Mak Nuk Village restaurant, we have a palapa building for the restaurant but with the variety of nearby restaurants, it has not been as high a priority as completing the rest of the property. We have however, been offering some meals at different times in a family style format. I expect we will be looking at completing the restaurant in the near future.

Another issue has been the promises of Mike, the developer and whose vision has become Mak Nuk Village. Unfortunately, some amenities have or are taking longer to introduce than Mike had planned or hoped. Most if not all amenities should be available soon. In the meantime, we have asked Mike to make sure his comments are based on current realities and not what we plan to have in the near future.

On behalf of Mak Nuk HOA, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this post. I hope I have answered your questions but if not, please feel free to ask away. I will try to answer any questions you have. You can also visit our Facebook page or our website, www.MakNukVillage.com where you'll find lots of pictures and information. Tulum is a special place with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I suspect you'll fall in love with Tulum the same as I have. Hope to see you there.