I believe this will have long term effects. This makes it much more likely to cancel our December trip as well as future trips. The airlines are making it much easier to change our current flights than ever before. We like to go to SXM because we know the island and feel comfortable there. In the past we've stayed on St John, Anguilla, and the Dominican Republic. We have enjoyed all of them. We don't have any ties that "force" us to go to SXM such as a timeshare ownership. The amount of money is not the issue. It is the uncertainty, the evolving rules and the headaches of the trying to comply with them, the feeling of not being wanted, and the feeling of people using the pandemic as an excuse to make money. We have stayed on SXM ~10 times (many times less than many of the posters on this board). These restrictions and requirements will have the effects of limiting travelers to SXM to the diehards (which I don't mean as a negative). What I call occasional SXM visitors (like us) will go elsewhere and potential future SXM diehards will find a different location to love.