i'll have made it three times to anu in 12 months.. and love every minute of it. anu is nothing like sxm.

English harbour is out of this world and affordable. lots of options. you can get a house in pigeon beach for $50-65pn including kitchen and sea view. in jan/feb last year my friends easily picked up the place at the last minute during round the island regatta, so not to worry. wish I knew the name of the place. it's above bunpkins beach bar(not even sure of the name here either but close) in pigeon beach. this area requires a car but only a few minutes from the marina, nelson's dockyard and my fav.... mad mongoose and abracadabras. WOW. during the day it is safe to walk to town and in fact i walked to pigeon beach thru the hills alone and had no problems. the beach was deserted and the most picturesque I have ever seen. I could even leave my stuff on the beach without worry. this is not sxm.

driving is far more pleasant.. no honking, patient drivers where everyone waits their turn, no double line motorcycles, etc.

watch for donkey man in English harbour.. what a hoot. also watch for dogs, they are like deer.. blinded by your headlights and dare you to run them over. lololol

I also stayed in jolly harbour.. but good luck finding a place here at this stage.. not impossible but a tough one. it's very safe and quaint. much nicer than ob. villas are far superior than any condo I stayed at in ob.

you will love Antigua if you are looking for quaint, quiet, simple and uncomplicated... I spent 8 days alone on the beach at jh in nov. no beach boys to harass you and great customer service all the way around.

stay wherever you like, and as someone else noted.. cab it to wedding.

cab from anu to English harbour is about 40 bucks, I think and jolly harbour 24 dollars... to give you an idea when selecting location.

and finally, check out accommodation on liat airlines website..!

enjoy your stay... don't forget to check out the round the island regatta end of jan.. or the valentine's regatta in jolly harbour during valentines... and in between??? Shirley heights.

see you end of jan/feb in paradise!

ps be sure to get your ec at the airport, though usd accepted everywhere.