gomer--I was actually quite shocked that they DIDN'T have charter air set up for the sailings from SXM, knowing how crowded Juliana already is on any given Saturday. Having the ONE ship, as of now, home porting in SXM will definitely drive some prices up for air this summer.

As of now, there is only the Celebrity Millenium which will be home porting. That ship only carries 2,000 pax, fully loaded, and they are not going to be doing full loads, although I haven't really seen what percentage they are actually going to do. My guess is that it will be no more than about 1,500 pax per sailing. And looking at booking air through the cruise line, it looks like you can book pretty much any day to arrive or leave, so hopefully the extra crowd will be dispensed out over several days.

As of NOW, the cruises from SXM will be ONLY from June through the middle of August. What will happen after that depends on a million things, including how well the sailings sell and what happens with the CDC 'no sail' order from US ports, which currently is in effect until something like November 1. My pure GUESS at this point is that, if the sailings sell well, they may bring the ship back to SXM by around November 1 to sail for this winter. But it would surprise me if they scheduled sailings from SXM in September and October, as the risk of hurricanes during that timeframe is pretty high. ...although I was stunned that they didn't do charter air to begin with, so I guess I don't know a lot of what I think I do..

Carol Hill