We were also in Block 8 during early March. We also had problems with water pressure, sometimes going to zero, generally pretty low. They need to take care of that. The phones have never worked since we have been going to N. They told us the crabs chew up the cables.

I wish I could disconnect on trips, but sometimes the choice is between staying and home or going and working some while there. I'd rather go. Another couple while we were there was working every day. The WiFi worked for us all week with no problems until the last day we were there and had a Skype conference I had to attend. It died 30 minutes before that and never came back in Block 8. It did come back in other buildings, but well after the conference was over. Given that the phones don't work either, I had to miss that one.

I'm in the middle as far as service is concerned. We did not get the instance service some seem to report, but we also did get some service. Maybe they are tipping more? They were generally around the pool asking about drinks, but not as often as I would like. We asked for water in the Piano bar and it never did arrive. But, in general the service for us was good to very good.