Dennyp has been posting notices that they are closing for remodeling, which might even possibly be true. They originally indicated they would close from August 4 to October 4. That has since been extended 4 times with the current closure indicated as July 24 to November 30. Expedia shows sold out for those dates, but will let me choose dates in December. Not sure I would place any faith in the resorts online booking system. It never has worked right.

This is clearly not a good trend. We love the resort, but we have been there when there were three couples on the entire site. In March, there were thirty couples, but that is still only 30% occupancy. That doesn't seem sustainable, yet they have managed to keep it open for four years, now. I think they are squatting, not paying any rent or maybe some percentage of revenue at best, but the government has had no luck selling the place and if they abandon it, it will quickly deteriorate. Still, someone has to pay for a minimum staff, electricity, water, etc.