Hi Mahokid:

Yes, I understand when a place is "in the weeds". Can happen anywhere, from time-to-time. My problem with this experience for me was that no-one there seemed to realize this,or attempt to do anything about it. If your ship is taking on water, the least you can do as a manager or owner is to explain the circumstances to your customers, apologize, and launch into overdrive to attempt to fix things as best you can. No such attempts here. Most people will overlook shortcomings if you show that you recognize the issues, and are attempting to do your best to resolve them.

As many others have noted, there are far too many great restaurants in SXM as options for your dining dollars to put up with something like this. As a contrast, during one recent dinner at Bistro Caraibes,I had to request a soupspoon to enjoy my lobster bisque. The Brothers were horrified! I was worried that they both might have strokes. Therein lies the difference between great, and pathetic.

As noted, we will try Sale e Pepe again, but they don't deserve 3 strikes. 2 and out, if our next experience is anything like the first.

Greenfields