Originally Posted by jeepers
for the french side it reads that countries in the green zone just need proof of double vax. Orange can't even go to french side if aren't vaccinated right?

The US is currently on the French "orange" zone list of countries, while Canada is currently one of the "green" zone countries.

As I understand it, the restrictions only apply to accommodations on the French side. The hoteliers are expected to enforce it, I believe, but I have no idea if that is actually being done, even though they are technically subject to penalties if they don't. No one is stopped, as far as I am aware, from just visiting the French side, whether from an orange zone or green zone country.

Any Canadian arriving on the island from a Canadian airport as of October 30th will have to be fully-vaccinated to board the plane in any case, under new Government of Canada regulations. So as of November 1st, they will only need a Covid test to reenter Canada, but not to enter SXM. They will just need to complete the EHAS application, submit proof of vaccination and pay for the compulsory insurance. Much easier!

If Canada remains on the French green zone list, then Canadians will only have to show proof of their vaccination status to stay on the French side. If Canada at some point moves back to the French orange zone list, then the same rules will apply to Canadians as currently apply to Americans. None of this has anything to do with staying on the Dutch side.

Last edited by CanuckTravlr; 10/20/2021 08:44 PM.