Day 11 (I don't wanna go home!)

Alas, our last lazy morning of ocean breezes and the sound of crashing waves is here. I wake to strong coffee and a dh deluxe trip to Jules, complete with ham and cheese quiches. It's another lovely morning, light wind, puffy clouds, Saba very visible in the distance. Lots of birds twittering away and the sweet little brown doves are out cooing their loves songs this morning. I did most all our packing and all the laundry last night. I love going home with mostly all clean clothes. This condo's washer/dryer set are top notch and fast. Really other than the skeeters, this place has been dreamy. Parking at times is a challenge but we have always managed to find a spot. I have some last minute packing and then cleaning up to do as I am pretty fastidious about not leaving anywhere we stay in a mess. Hoping the airport and the flights are not too horrendous but I have a feeling all the finger crossing in the world will not help us there. We left out right at 11am check out and drove off toward the French side for lunch at L'Express again. It's a lovely drive that we have made many times this trip. Croque Monsieurs for dh and I and a breakfast sandwich for Dd. All good. The Croque Monsieurs don't look like much but they are warm and gooey and buttery. We got a pistache financier "muffin" for dessert which was really great and some macarons to go. After lunch we were off to drop off the car at Avis. Fairly painless but it took a while since they were slammed. We finally got dropped off, checked in, through the security gauntlet, and in the terminal with way too much time to waste. We are flying through FLL back home so the less said the better. I despise FLL and have for years. We got home on time with a very exhausted 4 year old. Ds picked us up and chauffeured us home. Hoping next time he can come with us but he is almost out of the nest and has his own life and career. Maybe one day.

What a wonderful, relaxing, and delicious adventure. And now the only cure for my SXM withdrawal is to start planning another trip.

Attached Files IMG_20220220_120247205.jpgIMG_20220220_120348141.jpgIMG_20220220_123151431_HDR.jpgIMG_20220220_123159479_HDR.jpgIMG_20220220_161226831_HDR.jpgIMG_20220220_225514398.jpg
Last edited by FatCat04; 02/23/2022 11:46 AM.

[Linked Image]