Day 6 (Moving day!)

We nibbled on the remnants of the previous days pastries and took it easy on the coffee this am. We had to get the car packed up and the condo in order. I refuse to leave things in a mess so I had some cleaning and straightening to do. We were out and in our trusty conveyance by 11am and off to pretty Friars Bay and lunch at 978. We got the Chicken curry and a couple of beers. Dd had the lightly breaded white fish. All of it was very tasty and hit the spot. What a lovely calm little beach. Uncrowded too. The road in was little better than a cow path with car swallowing pot holes but it was worth it. Having time to kill before we could check in to the condo at CBC, we took the scenic route around the island. Some of the views are just breath taking. We finally rolled into CBC and check in was easy. Got in the condo which was perfect and quite lovely but the mosquitos thought so too. Someone had left a door and/or window open and the little blood suckers were holding a convention in our kitchen. Literally dozens inside and they were out for blood. There are lots of citronella candles inside the condo and 2 fly swatters. This doesn't bode well as I am a "cousin mosquito" magnet. But what can you do? Got the car unloaded and enjoyed some ice cold beers compliments of our host. Off to explore, get something to eat over at Jordon Village and go by the Carrefour. Lots of Jordon Village restaurants are cash only and the nearest ATM is in Porto Cupecoy from what we can see. We ended up at Spaghetti House. We both had the daily special lasagna and Dd had the gnocchi with marinara. All excellent. We had a couple of glasses of Pinot Grigio to round it out and that hit the spot. Such a nice little restaurant with super fresh well made pasta and the proprietor obviously takes pride in her food. We walked back to the condo, killed about 20 mosquitos, and also noticed the very loud frogs that sounds like a smoke detector whose battery is low (we dubbed them our frog alarm). We always take a white noise machine with us so no biggie but a light sleeper might have trouble. We had a decent night's sleep, the beds in the sea view bedroom are a little too hard. I think we will try the other bedroom as that bed looks to have a pillow top.

Attached Files IMG_20220215_115219112_HDR.jpgIMG_20220215_115211150_HDR.jpgIMG_20220215_122935762.jpgIMG_20220215_122946638.jpgIMG_20220215_142930350_HDR.jpgIMG_20220215_143311859_HDR.jpgIMG_20220218_080918641_HDR.jpgIMG_20220218_111148700_HDR.jpg

[Linked Image]