I have been associated with the Moorings for a long time as a owner. I am sorry that your experience was poor in the Bahamas. I have probably done over 100 chaters or owners weeks with them. I have never not had life preservers or any other normal safety gear. The issues the Moorings had were specific to a few things. They certainly need to take blame but in there defense they had certified more boats under the new rules at the deadline than almost all the other charter companies combined. The specific issues they had were propane detectors on older boats and registration documentation on the boats. Owners are responsible for renewing yearly registrations and forwarding those documents to the Moorings each year. A lot of owners did not bother forwarding the registrations and the Moorings was lax in pushing those owners to supply the documents. Without those the boats could not be registered. The last big batch of propane detectors sat in BVI customs for a extended period of time before being released.
The process of presenting the documents to the BVI government and getting a boat inspection scheduled was very slow. Lots of fault to spread around and the Moorings does not deserve absolution however certifying 400 boats on what is basically a hand delivered 1 boat at a time process verses 30 boats is quite a different level of complication.