Wind, rain, seaweed, are all things that NO ONE has any control over at any time. As for the ''older crowd'' on Orient. I find that funny, since the crowd is the same people year after year, and if there is any way to stop the aging process, i wish i knew what it was. Some people's expectations are ''over the moon''. We have been going for EVERY YEAR with the exception of two or three years due to storms, and have been doing this routine for almost thirty five years now. Prices for food and drink have gone up everywhere, not just on SXM, but overall, not as bad as compared to some other places, including right here at home in the States. The only thing, i think i can relate to in the original post, is that traffic has gone crazy. I think there must be two cars for every person. All i know for sure is that as long we are able, middle of March can't come soon enough EVERY YEAR. smile A rainy, overcast, windy day on SXM, is still better than a day at home. And as many know, i live in Paradise in Florida. smile Come on 44 weeks, but who's counting?