As a charter boat owner (2nd boat, both in BVI), I have made numerous trips in and out of BVI (mostly to USVI). C&I can be hit or miss and I agree that JVD is generally the least hassle(Although the last time I cleared in and out of RoadTown, all of the officers were very nicenad I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. Unfortunately, too many episodes of wanting to demonstrate authority.When going in/out, I am always asked "charter boat?" and I reply "It is my boat, but is in the TMM Charter Fleet" . Primarily what they seem to want top see is a copy of where the fee has been paid to the government. A copy of bill of sale would likely be helpful, but it seems to always be influenced by their mood. Best advice I can give is to always start with pleasant "Good Morning , Officer"... it helps.

Regarding the BoatyBall situation, I can certainly understand the expense side of it for cruisers as you are facing over 300 nights per year anchoring/ mooring. But for the average charterer, 7-10 nights and usually split between 3-4 couples, the benefit of being able to sail longer is substantial.

I would love to see Ocean Song back in the BVI in January/ February.

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com