I'm a 25 year owner at the RI and have never had a serious complaint. And like the recent problem with the AC, any issues are quickly addressed One night I returned to my unit around 9:00 or so and found a puddle of water coming out from under the refrigerator. I called the front desk, and within 45 minutes a replacement refrigerator was installed - along with an apology that it wasn't brand new. That would have to wait until the morning! And I could cite several similar incidents. One of the best things about the RI is the numer of restaurants, shops, bars etc. within easy walking distance. And you can always rent a car for a day or two next door at the Sonesta. I find using the little vans that the natives use as busses paticularly convenient, and they come by the RI every 10 minutes or so. For a couple of dollars you can get to many (but not all) locations around the island. Sitting by the pool at the RI there is some noise from the airport, but it's pretty much limited to early afternoons when all the major carriers arrive. Personally I don't find it much of a problem, and even after 25 years I still enjoy watching the planes land over Maho beach.