I rarely eat at the resort I am staying at so Divi on that not an issue for me. If you wish to go to town or go over to Orient during your trip Divi is a better location. It has nice rooms with a nice beach right on site, but it is certainly a location you need a car. First place on island we ever stayed was at Divi. Divi is a quieter place, and watching the cruise ships and activity in the bay there is entertaining.

We however prefer to be closer to the Cupecoy area down to Simpson Bay, it is where we tend to like to eat and spend time in the evenings and then prefer not to have to drive up and over the hill towards town/Divi. RI La Plage is nice, old and slightly updated but it is I guess you could say "classic" design especially the bathrooms. If you are on the road side it can get noisy, but the advantage is it is close to a lot of places to eat and drink, a lot more activity in the area including watching jets which is still something to see after 20 years of visits.

For MJ and I, we would pick Royal Islander. Very different experiences between the two options so depends upon what you like.

I prefer the Isle seat