Teammac said:
sail2wind said:
tothedogs said:
On a recent 10 day trip I paid $60 for an AT&T international data package. I then tethered/paired other devices to the phone. Worked great everywhere with good speeds.

In STT maybe, no AT&T signal in BVI and data is very expensive. We got a Lime data card with our mi-fi works great about $50 for 5 Gigs of data for the whole boat. AT&T woks in BVI on the west side only

I must respectfully correct you on the ATT information. We have been on our boat in the BVI since November and I get my ATT signal at Sopers Hole, JVD and even at the Willy T! Not just the Bight but sitting on the Willy T. Was not this way in the past but now ATT seems to be much better even without being in sight of the USVI. Of course no ATT at North Sound, Road Town ETC. but if you plan properly.....

I know someone who got a roaming bill of around $6,000 a few years ago. The U.S. carrier, maybe not att, said you were in the bvi. The fact you were on our towers is not relevant. The kind carrier permitted extended payment terms but no discount. So be careful.

Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///