ATT recently added a cell tower on the east end of St. John. The south side of St. John now has signal. The furthest out I got ATT signal was the anchorage outside of Spanishtown, VG - St. Thomas Bay. The furthest we used to be able to get signal from the beach at Nanny Cay, Norman Island and Jost with line of sight to St. Thomas or Bordeaux Mountain, St. John. ATT has certainly gotten better.

I saw 5mbps/2mbps (speedtest.net) on Digicel throughout the BVI with link layer speeds reported as 7mbps/3mbps by the router's diagnostics. We had some Digicel signal at Christmas Cove and Independent Boat Yard.

With any luck, we'll see a day soon where we have gsm signal well overlapping the USVI and BVI.

Open wifi options are decreasing and I saw quotas and rate limiting on the open networks in the BVIs last week. In the evening I also saw networks that had no free remaining IP addresses - too many users online. I put an Alfa wifi amplifier up our signal halyard in Biras Creek and at Leverick and was able to get some access for a short bit on a few networks. We were art the back of the Leverick mooring field and could not see the JumbieBeachBar network from there. At this point, I'd use a wifi amplifier as backup.

Zanshin has been around a good number of times with a much better wifi amplifier.

Cheers, RickG

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada