My wife and I also enjoy Anguilla. Have been there a few times. Don't forget to take your passport when you head to the ferry and leave as early as you can to get a full day on the island. Remember to get back in time for the last ferry back. Be in big trouble if you miss it! We have always rented a car where you get off the ferry. I really enjoy driving on the left side of the road which you do in Anguilla. We love visiting the Aquaponic farm at the Cuisinart Resort. The curator, Howard Resh gave us a tour one trip. Don't know if he still does that personally, but you can take a tour of the place. Turn left when you exit the road that runs from the ferry. Ask for a map when you pick up the car. Close to the Cuisinart is Bankie Banx's Dune Preserve. Food is OK but the atmosphere is pretty neat if Bankie is there. On the other side of this part of Anguilla is Blanchards Restaurant. Also a great place to eat either inside or on the beach. Mead's Bay is where this beach is located and we enjoy it almost as much as Shoal Bay East. If you decide to go to Blanchards, buy their book "A Trip to the Beach" and read it before you go. You'll appreciate the place even more. But, the reason you want to go there is to see Shoal Bay East. Don't miss it. Take your snorkel gear if you have any. You won't be disappointed. As takeus2sxm said, the beaches are less crowded as are the roads. But, don't forget the map. You will love your day!