Compliments of (http://www.topfreedom.com/okra.html)

9/03

My girlfriend and I recently spent 4 days on Ocracoke Island after researching the beach on this site and other online forums. We were not disappointed to discover that the reports were true. Besides enjoying the wonderful island community, we spent 3 days tanning on the beach at several different locations. The first day, she wore a bikini and quickly shed her top to tan while laying down. When people walked by, she rolled over. For our remaining visits, she wore just a thong bottom. We felt comfortable walking the beach and swimming in our skimpy attire and no one had a problem with it. Several guys blatantly stared at her but no problem. We met a great lady, also from NC who was also topless every day and visits often for the freedom of Ocracoke.

--Jay, North Carolina

8/02

This time my wife and I spent a week in Ocracoke, NC. She went topless every day on the beach between ramp 70 and 72 (south point road). Didn't seem to be much of a big deal. The last day we were there, we were about 1/4 mile north of the south point road beach access, and there were 2 other topless ladies on the beach (within view), plus my wife. Totally laid back atmosphere, as usually you have some distance between you and anyone else. No problems at all. Hope others will enjoy Ocracoke like we did.

--Jeff, Richmond, Virginia

8/02

My wife and I just got back from a week's stay on Ocracoke Island North Carolina. The whole beach on Ocracoke is national seashore. It is legal to go topfree anywhere on the beach. This was confirmed by a park ranger who stopped and talked to me while my wife was roaming the beach looking for seashells, topless and in her thong. This was her first experience topfree and in a thong. She loved it and enjoyed it all week. She wants to go back this summer. We saw other topfree and thong people while there. You can be as discrete or open as you like. There is plenty of beach for privacy.

Cape Hatteras which is just north of Ocracoke is also national seashore. About 25 miles of beach is driveable with 4 wheel drive.

--Andy, North Carolina

8/00

My wife and I went to Ocracoke this summer and she went topless everyday on the National Park Service beaches that run the length of the island. We used the beach areas that 4-wheelers are not allowed on primarily between the Hatteras ferry and the Pony Pasture. Did not see many other topless women. Other clothed beach walkers looked at my wife topless but did not seem to care. Topfreedom seems to be pretty well accepted on Ocracoke. Even saw one other topless woman at the lifeguard-protected beach near town. Park Rangers totally ignored topfree women and men in thongs.

--Rick, Asheville, North Carolina

1/00

My husband and I go to Ocracoke, and are never bothered when I go topfree. The rangers will wave when they ride by. They will however cite you for full nudity. It is a wonderful place to go topfree . . . no one cares.

--Elaine, North Carolina

1/00

My wife and I love to go to the Outer Banks, NC. We go 2 or 3 times a year. We ride the ferry over to Ocracoke Island and park at the 1st parking area and walk south. My wife can go topfree and not worry about any thing. We will go back in May.

--Dman

11/99

Last year we stayed a few days in Ocracoke (an island) which is very deserted. I ask at the motel if it was okay for Jason and me to just wear our thongs at the pool, and the manager didn't have any trouble with that. We also spent several hours a day on the beach in just our thongs.

--Traci, Ohio