CapeRobb said:
Have there been any citations issued this summer? We will be visiting the area after Labor Day for the first time. Is one more or less likely to have a problem with rangers at Apollo or Playalinda?

I don't know if citations were issued this summer or last summer or the summmer before that. It's a guessing game. No one can say positively that you will or will not have a problem. If nudity is against the law and you are nude, you are breaking the law. It's really that simple.

It's like speeding in your car past the posted speed limit. Sometimes we can get away with it, but sometimes we get a ticket. It's all fun and games until an intolerant cop is having a bad day. That's the best analogy that I can think of.

Becareful what you read on the internet. I was on the AANR site and found the Canaveral area designated as nude friendly and tolerant. I took this to mean that I would not have a problem. I was wrong. We were warned by a ranger that nudity was not allowed or tolerated while he was on duty...and he wasn't very nice about it. That was before we attempted to disrobe.

After the experience I contacted the AANR. I told them what and who we encountered. They acknowledged that, yes, they knew of this ranger and he was a problem.
But! They did not post of any problems of this area on their website, before or after the incident. WHY?!?! A simple disclaimer of being nude at these places is at your own risk should be present on all websites with an nude agenda to protect the unsuspecting.

This incident was a few years ago, but the bad experience has been burned into my memory banks.