Scott--I really can't address the 'kid' part of your question directly, but are you talking about Thanksgiving WEEK? You said "around Thanksgiving", so I'm not sure what you mean, exactly. As far as the hotels you mentioned, have you confirmed that they are available for your price range of $1000 per week? If you are talking TG week per se, that is one of the highest occupancy weeks of the year. The places you mention are all timeshare resorts. You could probably get a t/s rental from a t/s owner for your target price of $1000 a week at any of those resorts. However, if you are renting as a t/s, then there is NO daily maid service, unless you pay for it. I think at most places, it is a midweek cleaning only, unless you pay for extra cleaning. If you rent directly from the RESORT, yes, you get hotel amenities and you should get daily cleaning, although you need to confirm that when you book. But if you rent as a hotel, not sure you can meet your price point, especially if you want Thanksgiving week?

As far as the particular resorts, as far as walking around with a cane, Simpson Bay Resort has MANY different levels in many different buildings and I don't think would be that conducive to someone with a cane. As Pat said, I think Summit has a lot of steps also. Flamingo and Atrium would be better choices from that standpoint. Someone mentioned Beachside Villas. That would be a lovely choice, with many of your criteria, but I fear, especially if you are looking at Thanksgiving WEEK, it will be way over your price point.

Carol Hill