Last July Aragorn stopped by the boat while the 7 of us were moored at Marina Cay. We were grilling some very nice Wholefood's Tuscan sausage that we schlepped all the way down from Virginia. Aragorn told the guy with him to check out that sausage! Apparently that gentleman is a butcher of sorts and they said he would be offering a variety of organic meats in the future including his great sausage....any updates on that? The Good Moon organic produce and fruits we bought were great! The girls also loved his clothing. I would consider buying meat from them if/when they offer it.

The OP is already in the BVI and I'd be curious to find out how their pre-planning turned out. When we travel in a large group as we did on that trip we always pack 50lbs of our preferred meat in a Polar Bear cooler and I carry it with a smile on my face!, it's actually for convenience and not cost savings! This helps us plan a few dinners out in advance and it's already frozen when we get on the boat. For large groups like ours I will not pre-order meat from anywhere and I personally don't want to spend time in Riteway or wherever picking through the meat section, especially when cooking for 7-8. We do pre-order all of our dry goods, drinks, things like eggs, lunch meat, bread fruit etc and have it delivered to the boat, to us that's more convenient than going shopping ourselves. It's all about convenience for us, if you like going to the store your first day to pick things up, great! If you think people like us are hurting the VI economy by bringing in some sausage I would love, actually I'd cringe, to show you what we've spent in the islands over the 30+ years.

That's my opinion on traveling with a large group! now if someone were to ask me how I would travel with just my family of 3, probably carry on only and no cooler! My wife and I just did that in St Martin, much easier to go with the flow when just a couple of us!

[Linked Image]