Yeah, bad comparison... sitting in the cockpit enjoying the breeze with an icy cold Carib vs having to swing into soper's furl/drop sails grab a ball, dodge the ferry traffic, get your paper work in order, get shook down for a however much money they feel like taking from you... then sail past the anchorage to Cruz Bay, deal with it all over again then go find an anchorage... LOL... yes, by the time you are finally at anchor or on a ball... your day will be spent!

I will say my favorite liquor store was in Cruz Bay... there was an old guy working /owned the shop who had 4 or 5 decent bottles of aged rum open who wanted to just BS and do shots with us the entire time and teach us about aged rum.

Sailing the islands are great fun no matter where... all spots are great... I wouldn't say I am brought there by the food. If eating is your thing save your money and go to New Orleans, Northern Cal, Austin etc... similar money will get you food twice as good! However, I can use the same ingredients and even a crystal glass for my painkillers at home but they never taste as good as one served/consumed anywhere in the Caribbean!!!!