jbuch02 said:
The $120 I spoke of up thread is for the Digicell mifi and a data package .

Oh, OK, then yup, we are on the same page. I just wasn't totally clear from your previous statement. Sorry about that.

jbuch02 said:
Thinking back on this, the Digicell mifi and data pkg may be the way to go. The AT&T passport plan is fine for your phone device (voice and data) but if you want data for your ATT mifi that has to be purchased separately is $30. For 120mbs. With just email checking and some looking at this forum, the 120mbs went fast.

I totally agree. And once you have the device, it's just $25 for future trips. If you don't want to or care about having connectivity, I totally get it. But if you do, this is the most reliable and cost effective method I have found. We've used our mifi to watch Netflix on a rainy night, to watch a bowl game on the boat when we were crowded out at CGB by Midwestern fans that wanted to watch Iowa or something and got them to change the channel off the Clemson (my wife's team, not mine) game we were watching because there were more of them. We also like to email and text back home with dog-sitters and with friends and family to let them share in our fun and not worry about us when they hear of rough weather, etc. To us, it's just worth having.

Add in $10 or $20 worth of credit on a burner phone and you are as in touch as you want to be. And when you don't want to be in touch, you turn them off!