We have not been specifically informed of all the ramifications by our lawyers, but when we originally took this on we were told that decisions would apply only to those who joined the litigation because we put up the legal fees to fight this. But I really don't know. A lot of people never got notice of their timeshares being nullified. And notice that was given was through emails that looked like spam. The way this article and its headline is worded looks like all owners get their units back, but people may assume that and then find out it is only TOCA members. I would personally be thrilled on one level if it applies to everyone even though we put up legal fees because i did not fight the battle just for me I fought it to right an injustice. And Alegria would have to start dealing with owners right away instead of dealing only with the next TOCA member to show up. The damage to timeshare owners was hurting my friends on the island year round and if I could be part of restoring some faith in the island I was happy to do it. This decision at a minimum shows that we were heard and up to now many people had not felt that way and it was affecting their view of the whole island. But I also can see that some people might be upset if it applies to everyone when only a few of us were willing to foot the bill. We need to think about the costs and legal fees moving forward, and I think there would be a concern by Toca members that why should they foot the legal bill if they could sit back and reap the benefits while somebody else paid the lawyers.So it's a double edge sword here for the people who are brave enough to take on this risky challenge and willing to put their hard-earned money into the litigation.

When I find out the ramifications of this decision and who it applies to I will post. I wish the decision had come down a month ago! We were on the island during our timeshare weeks at caravanserai, but we were staying at Simpson bay beach resort due to not being allowed in Algeria. You can bet we would have been over at Algeria everyday asking to get into our unit of this decision had been in place. If they turned us down every day it would have paid for our vacation...or some really nice jewelry! Haha! But the decision was pending while we were there so we have a year to wait until we personally can see how this plays out and there may be appeals and the underlying merits case between now and then. So a lot can happen.

Last edited by mecs; 08/23/2015 07:58 AM.