Carol_Hill said:
Bob--I'm sorry, I stay in Beacon Hill, and I know the situation when there are ships in, versus when there are not. The situation when there are ships in, especially two or more big ships, is atrocious. I blame a large part of it on the taxis, because they stop in the middle of the d*mn road, so they can load 12 people into their van. I have loved cruises for years and I don't blast cruise ship people just because they are cruise ship people, as I have been there, on over 30 occasions myself. The problem is that this location just is way too crowded on big cruise ship days. As I said, I blame a large part of it on the taxi drivers, as their behavior is unacceptable. Been there, seen it. Unacceptable. At the very least, there should be some private security presence to require the taxis to pick up and drop off people somewhere that is not in the middle of the road, totally blocking the road.

What you say is totally true. it would be a good idea if some kind of order was established. On the water, the coast guard installed buoys so boats are forbidden to come in close to the beach. Maybe something like that should be done on the street. The problem is there is not much space to change the traffic flow etc.