Mantas said:
I'm glad they were letting emergency vehicles through....my point would be what if it was just normal resident of the island was in a car with an infant bleeding profusely/having a severe allergic reaction/etc that needed urgent medical attention and didn't have a cell phone.....would they be able to get through without a major delay in order for urgent life saving treatment?

I'm not at all against protests but a method that could put residents at risk seems ill advised. I personally don't think that one has to necessarily live in a certain place in order to criticize this practice. By the logic of some in this thread you wouldn't be able to criticize another country for any domestic practice such as severe human right violations because you don't live there and don't understand.

Nobody was put at risk. and before, any of us criticizes any one else in another country, we need to have our facts straight. There was a lot of criticism expressed by people who had no idea..and still don't.... what was going on.