So as I've done in preparing for other charters, I emailed the charter company yesterday to get the make and model of the chartplotter for our upcoming trip. We're booked on a 2016 Lagoon 450. I typically like to give the online manual a quick read and see if there are any cool features to move waypoints and routes from my iPad over to it. No biggie if not, but something to fill the time as I count down the days.

I expected anything but their actual response, which was - there is no chartplotter on that boat. They recommended that we bring our own GPS. Huh? A $600k+ boat that has been in the program since last summer doesn't have a chartplotter? Especially in the BVI's where most folks are just a year or two ahead of being a CCC? That's fine - we have backup plan after backup plan, but that was surprising. I don't want to get into a trash session until I confirm everything on the ground and see how the whole experience goes, but I've learned not to ASSume that little detail. Thoughts from the group? Do you often charter boats that don't have a chartplotter? Even the little 36' monos that we've charted had something.

~~~~_/)~~~~
"The TTOL Member Map Guy"
TTOL Member Map
TTOL Member Map Form