Been here now for two weeks, and decided it was time to post my observations of the ''new'' project. I was surprised to see how much work, and improvements have been made. We all saw pictures of the sterile units as they were being constructed, but actually seeing them in person has been quite totally different. None of the units have kept the ridiculous vinyl roof on their units. Most have put on wooden roofs, which do a much better job to keep the sun out and provide a much better shade for the patrons. The units are set back more from the beach, and was really surprised to see how much beach space each of them have. The wall does add quite a bit of protection against a rising ocean...and the units seem to be constructed a lot better than the pictures appeared. They do appear that they can withstand a wind and surf, much more than the previous ones did. The sterile look that we all complained about during construction is basically gone....since most have customized their restaurants with wooden roofs, and some privacy shades on the sides. The restaurants all are very clean, new, and modern. The bathrooms are nice...clean and a good size. The owners are spending money making them look more ''authentic''. Natalie from Aloha has even gone and painted the beach side of her restaurant the same color blue she has always used...even though from the parking lot is a purple building smile Sun Beach Clubber made their interior look like a very upscale restaurant, by doing a nice job ''enclosing'' their place with a wooden privacy fence, and did a great job decorating their place to look like a very upscale place. The decks all seem to be a good size...and they all can accomodate some tables inside also. The kitchens appear to be a good size...and a few of the kitchen staff i chatted with, seem to be enjoying the new digs.
Of course, i still have trouble going by there, and not seeing Cheryl's smiling face there. So far Ethnic, Orange Fever and not sure of the others are not ready...but one (not sure which one) has spent a lot of time working on their space. Parking is still a zoo, with cars parked all over the place...Some things won't change. smile So far so good...even though have noticed a slight price increase on chair rentals and food pricing...but that is to be expected. Just looks like the people working there are thrilled to be back...and of course, we all are thrilled to have em back!!!!!!!