David please send me your phone number or the number for where you are staying so I can get in touch with you. I have to assume that it was you Doris called me about Wednesday about renting you a phone without a Sim. I am sorry if you feel she was rude because I never get anything but compliments about Doris the other posters are referring to a different person. Please let me know what we can do to help you because I try my best to never have someone leave unhappy. We charge all of our phones before they leave our store & we check the charge when we give the phone to the customer but unfortunately we can never tell when a battery will just go bad. Also my phones have original Nokia batteries which will shut down if they get overcharged so please stop charging the phone & wait about 30 minutes or so & then try to turn the phone on.

We will do whatever we can to resolve your problems but I need you to please contact me either here on PM or by email to:
Queenofsxm2000@yahoo.com

Again I am sorry for the problems & I hope you give us a chance to resolve them.

Sharon