Dad with three daughters and over 100 charters..

In my opinion you are trying to plan to hard and trying to pack too much in. Keep reading the cruising guide and learning about the options. Then take each day as it comes.

On your first trip to Anegada. Pick one of the beaches and relax there for the day. Or rent a "car" and explore the remote Anegada like intellectually curios tourist. Both are a lifestyle choice and approach for each family or crew to decide on. Some like to lay like a lizard on the beach, others are into the beach bar, some just want explore and avoid the sun. Bring some cheap small art paint or water colors to let the girls paint anything they may find on the beaches. It is always in our bag with the sunscreen.

For the females in our crew one long relaxed lunch at Deadman's Bay on Peter Island is a must. If you go to Deadman's you must know how to anchor. Not everyone on this board is delighted to pay for that or welcomes more the dressy style Peter Island prefers from their guests. Call ahead and make lunch or even SPA reservations.

http://peterisland.com/dining#deadmans-beach-bar-grill

For the new family crew the The Baths by boat and dinghy can be daunting. Lunch at the Top of The Baths is worth it whether you start from the Top or from the Beach. If you put a kayak and I would put a kayak on the boat. Consider using the kayak to get in and out of Devils Bay it may take a couple of trips but the is best way to get in and out.

I would always have 24 hours of good food on the boat in case the family decides they want to stay where they are and not get off at any spot after a day of sun. I would never have a plan to push the girls along to keep your schedule. In our world the boat never moves until everyone is ready to move to someplace else. Then based on the time of day, wind, waves, and mood of the crew we pick the next spot.

With daughters 10 and 12 you may find large late lunches ashore out of the sun with lighter dinners aboard may work better on at least some days.

The power cat will be great for Anegada. I would look for a flatter calmer day if you have that choice. If Anegada was on my must list? I would head there directly on the first flat or near flat June day. Even if that was the first morning on the boat and then work back.

With a group of females? I would highly consider one day in a slip in the pool at Scrub. On the good day the ladies in the laundry will wash all your towels, sheets, and grimy stuff for a few dollars.

During late June there is no way to predict the weather until you get there. Most likely the weather will be all over the place and flexibility of the power cat will let you and family go all over the place if you just pick your windows when the time is good to move.

Have fun pay attention to the mood of the females of the crew as each opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by StormJib; 06/05/2016 10:47 AM.